Our deep investment in our people has created an environment of compassion and continuous education that sharpens our focus and spills into our relationships with agents and customers. With a culture that’s defined by trust, humility, autonomy, and passion, we infuse generosity into the very fabric of our operations, from our team to our communities.
Knowing that colleagues have one another’s success and best interests in mind promotes a psychologically safe environment. We count on one another to do what it takes to achieve common goals.
We have created a culture of servant leadership, which starts with our leaders and is woven throughout the organization. Helping others is at the heart of what we do every day.
Lead From Anywhere
We are empowered to be autonomous in our work. We encourage one another to share opinions, and our perspectives are valued.
Work With Passion
Our singular focus on multifamily housing makes it easy to be passionate about the work we do. Our work revolves around people, not profits: personal relationships are at the core of our success.
Our Employee Benefits
At Millers, the health and wellness of our team is among our highest priorities. We’re committed to providing a competitive employee benefits program that addresses our team’s needs and supports their well-being. We regularly review and modify our employee benefits package to ensure that we offer benefits with the most value for our employees and their families. We offer:
Dental, Vision and Medical
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Flexible Work Hours
Volunteer Time Off
Employer HSA Contributions
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunities
Millers Mutual provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
All are welcome here.
Our Open Positions
Have a passion for helping those around you? Experience a fulfilling career with Millers Mutual,
where you have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the communities we serve.
As the Staff Accountant at Millers Mutual, you’ll become part of a passionate team that values humility, company-wide leadership, and trust. In line with our lead from anywhere philosophy, you’ll be expected to use your sharp analytical skills to prepare and analyze budgets and perform general bookkeeping for the Supervisor of Accounting. In addition, you’ll maintain financial reports, records and general ledgers. Furthermore, we ask that you prioritize providing prompt, accurate, courteous, and professional services to our agents and fellow employees when assisting with billing activities, such as accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from other departments.
• Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
• Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
• Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
• Completes and files annual required filings such as 1099 forms and unclaimed property reports.
• Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
• Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
• Provides accounting support by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of three years of experience in related positions. Insurance accounting knowledge is preferred.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
• Must work well within a team environment and independently.
• Solid organizational and time management skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Demonstrate solid math skills to include a good working knowledge of Excel worksheets and Microsoft Word.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to easily adapt to changes in the work environment.
• Knowledge of accounting systems and other insurance systems applications a plus.