- Millers Mutual, based in Harrisburg, PA, is a regional property and casualty insurer serving commercial policyholders in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Ohio and Washington, D.C., through a network of independent agents.
- We’ve been at this since 1890…that’s a lot of experience, a lot of promises filled.
- We offer commercial lines of insurance only – our core products include business owners policies (BOP), commercial automobile, workers compensation, inland marine, excess liability/umbrella and employment practices liability. Millers does not offer personal lines insurance such as homeowners or personal auto.
- In the Mid-Atlantic states we serve, we are one of the top 20 providers of commercial property insurance protecting small and mid-size businesses. We may be a small company, but we effectively compete with some of the most recognized names in the business.
|Comparative Balance Sheet ($ in 000’s)||12/31/2016||12/31/2015||12/31/2014|
|Total Admitted Assets||$133,296||$127,046||$134,076|
|Total Policyholder Surplus||$66,397||$61,746||$63,268|
|Total Liabilities and Policyholder Surplus||$133,296||$127,046||$134,076|
|Change in Surplus||$4,651||($1,522)||($2,851)|
|Annual Growth (%)||7.5%||-2.4%||-4.3%|
|Operating Results for 12 Months Ending ($ in 000’s)||12/31/2016||12/31/2015||12/31/2014|
|Direct Written Premium||$62,423||$61,545||$59,919|
|Annual Growth (%)||1.4%||2.7%||2.1%|
|Net Underwriting Income/(Loss)||$1,629||($3,852)||($6,195)|
|Net Investment & Other Income||$2,605||$2,849||$3,247|
|Net Income before Federal Income Taxes||$4,234||($1,003)||($2,948)|
|Federal Income Taxes||$1,078||($1,872)||($1,431)|
Financial Strength Ratings
- Millers Mutual is rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best, one of the oldest and most experienced credit rating organizations serving the insurance industry.
- Our A.M. Best financial size category is VII – reflecting policyholder surplus of $50M – $100M.
- Millers has a financial stability rating of A Prime (Unsurpassed) with Demotech, an independent financial analysis firm serving the insurance industry.